Manufacturer: Boehringer Ing., Germany
Pharmaceutical name: Meloxicam
Pack: 5 ampoule(s) (1.5 ml 15mg/amp)
Meloxicam is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Meloxicam works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Meloxicam is an NSAID and belongs to the class of drugs called enolic acid group, structurally related to piroxicam. Meloxicam significantly decreased symptoms of pain, function, and stiffness in patients, with a low incidence of gastrointestinal side effects. In models, it exhibits anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities. Its mechanism of action may be related to prostaglandin synthetase (cyclooxygenase) (COX) inhibition.
What is it used for?:
Relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; Relief of the signs and symptoms of pauciarticular or polyarticular course Juvenile Rheumatoi Arthritis in patients 2 years of age and older.
Contraindications and cautions:
- allergy to any ingredient in Movalis;
- known severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib);
- recent or forthcoming heart surgery;
- peptic ulcer;
- the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Serious side effects: severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; fainting; unusual bruising or bleeding; severe headache or dizziness; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; unusual tiredness or weakness; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; fast or irregular heartbeat; seizures; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; bloody or black, tarry stools; severe vomiting; shortness of breath; sudden or unexplained weight gain; depression; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual joint or muscle pain; vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Less serious side effects: constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; heartburn; nausea; stomach upset; trouble sleeping.
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) may increased the risk of stomach bleeding;
- the risk of Movalis 's side effects may be increased by probenecid;
- Movalis 's effectiveness may be decreased by cholestyramine;
- Movalis may increase the risk of side effects of cyclosporine, lithium, methotrexate, quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin), or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide);
- Movalis may decrease effectiveness of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril), angiotensin receptor blockers (eg, losartan), or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) and the risk of kidney problems may be increased.
- Product Code: Boehringer Ingelheim
- Availability: In Stock